Breaking Bad: The Complete Series and The Final Season coming to Blu-ray in November
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that BREAKING BAD: THE COMPLETE SERIES will be available on Blu-ray November 26, 2013. The 16-disc set will include all 62 episodes of the AMC drama with over 55 hours of special features including an all-new exclusive documentary and will come in a collectible packaging. Both the complete series and the final season of BREAKING BAD will be available in November.
For those who aren’t fans, here’s the synopsis for the show: BREAKING BAD follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a slim chance to survive. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family’s financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how this fatal diagnosis transforms Walt from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.
Fans who are addicted to the series and itching for another hit can now indulge in more than two-hours of never-before-seen footage in a ground-breaking series documentary exclusively in the box set, which comes packaged in a collectible replica barrel representing part of Walter White’s dark legacy. The all-new documentary chronicles the making of the final season, from filming the first table read to the very last day on set and everything in between, including Bryan Cranston inviting the camera in to his Albuquerque living room for the first reading of the final script with Aaron Paul. The box set also contains all bonus features from previously released seasons (including retail exclusives formerly only available in select stores), a Los Pollos Hermanos apron and a collectible booklet with a letter from Gilligan, as well as a commemorative Breaking Bad challenge coin designed and created by Gilligan exclusively for this set as a token of appreciation to fans for making the BREAKING BAD journey.
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Barrel Set special features include:
• No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad – An all-new, exclusive two hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.
Additional bonus features include all previously released featurettes and retail exclusives:
• Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.
• Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of the season entitled “Blood Money.”
• Scene Envy – The Cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.
• Shocking Moments – The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.
• From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.
• How Will It End? – At the beginning of the season, the cast was asked to give their thoughts on how they thought the show would end.
• Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader — A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.
• Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt.
• A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman –A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.
• Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.
• Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season.
• Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.
• The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance.
• Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective – Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments.
• Ted’s Wipeout – In Episode 411, “Crawl Space,” Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.
• The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode “Bullet Points.”
• Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the sequence where Walt indulges in some crazy stunt driving in Walt Jr.’s Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were created.
In addition to releasing The Complete Series set on Blu-ray, SPHE will release Breaking Bad: The Final Season. The final season includes the series’ final eight episodes and comes loaded with special features, including all-new featurettes, cast and crew commentaries, deleted scenes and more. (All of which are also be available in The Complete Series set.) Episodes include: “Blood Money,” “Buried,” “Confessions,” “Rabid Dog,” “To’hajiilee,” “Ozymandias,” “Granite State” and “Felina.”
• “Blood Money” Table Read – A rare look at the only final season Breaking Bad table read.
• Cast and Crew Commentaries on Every Episode
• 4 Featurettes
o The Main Event
o The Final Showdown
o Life of a Show Runner
o Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending
• Alternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.
• Deleted & Extended Scenes
• Gag Reel
• Walt’s Confession
• The Layers of a Sound Mix
• Over 15 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad
• Uncensored and Extended Episodes