Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman bring Thor: The Dark World to 3D Blu-ray in February
Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Home Entertainment have announced that the sequel for the God of Thunder, entitled THOR: THE DARK WORLD (click the link to read the review), from director Alan Taylor and starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Eccleston, Jaimie Alexander, Zachary Levi, Ray Stevenson and Idris Elba, will be available in a 2-disc 3D combo pack that will feature both the 3D and 2D versions on February 25, 2014.
Here’s the official synopsis for THOR: THE DARK WORLD: Marvel’s THOR: THE DARK WORLD continues the big-screen adventures of Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s Thor and The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos… but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all. Check out the trailer for THOR: THE DARK WORLD below.
Not surprisingly, THOR: THE DARK WORLD racked up the big bucks at the box office and has thus far grossed over $201 million. I was a little skeptical of a sequel since the first THOR film was pretty bland, but after a re-watch this past year I’m a bit more excited to see the ever so lovely Chris Hemsworth don his cape and hammer on the big screen again.
Special features for THOR: THE DARK WORLD includes:
• Marvel One-Shot Short Film: All Hail the King
• Audio Commentary with Director Alan Taylor, Producer Kevin Feige, Actor Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau
• Never-Before-Seen Extended and Deleted Scenes
• A Brothers’ Journey: Thor & Loki: Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and cast in this 30-minute featurette to explore two of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. Journey through the key moments that have defined and endeared these characters to audiences around the world with stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) & Tom Hiddleston (Loki).
• Scoring Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World with Brian Tyler: Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and acclaimed composer Brian Tyler for a look at the creation of the movie’s original score.
• Exclusive Look – Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Get an exclusive first look at the latest installment in the Captain America franchise and its cast of characters, including Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Director Nick Fury, Chris Evans as our hero Steve Rogers, his new ally Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon played by Anthony Mackie, and a mysterious enemy from the past: the Winter Soldier played by Sebastian Stan.
• The Dark World Gag Reel
• And More…