James Cameron's Sanctum coming to Blu-ray
Posted by: Kristy Sturdivant
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that the thriller about cave-diving SANCTUM from producer James Cameron, starring Rhys Wakefield, Richard Roxburgh and Ian Gruffudd, will be released on Blu-ray in 2D and 3D versions on June 7, 2011. The film follows a team of cave divers who are exploring one of the least accessible caves in the world and find themselves in a life-threatening situation. The film flopped a bit at the box office, only bringing in a little over $23 million which isn’t too great for a film with James Cameron’s name attached. Reviews were mixed but most were in agreement that the 3D effects were quite spectacular, although what would you expect from the guy who gave us AVATAR.
This is one of those films that I can see myself watching but only once, so I predict that most sales will be from Netflix or whatever other rental companies are trying to compete. Special features include:
Artwork Coming Soon
- Director Alister Grierson
- Co-writer/producer Andrew Wight
- Actor Rhys Wakefield
- Deleted and extended scenes (in HD)
- Sanctum: The Real Story– A look at the terrifying real-life adventure that inspired the film, plus a look behind the scenes of the making of Sanctum
- How It Began
- Making the Movie
- In the Aftermath
- Pocket BLU
- Advanced Remote Control
- Video Timeline
- Browse Titles
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- My Movies™: Consumers can rent a variety of Universal favorites such as Meet the Parents, Fast & Furious, Mamma Mia!, Coraline, Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old-Virgin, Forgetting Sarah Marshall or Role Models to instantly stream via BD-Live, the pocket BLU app or on the web at UniversalHiDef.com.
- My Scenes
- Digital Copy
- Nullarbor Dreaming: a documentary that follows a team of cave divers and their fateful exploration of a giant cave system in Western Australia (in HD; BD-exclusive)