Pixar's Brave coming to Blu-ray 3D in November
Disney-Pixar has announced that the animated film BRAVE will be available on Blu-ray in a 5-Disc Blu-ray Ultimate Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray 3D/2-disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) Combo Pack as well as a 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack on November 13, 2012.
Pixar’s BRAVE follows the heroic journey of the headstrong, young adventurer Merida (voiced by Kelly Macdonald from HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire). Merida is determined to carve her own path in life and confronts tradition and defies an age-old custom that inadvertently unleashes chaos and forces her to discover the true meaning of bravery. Alongside Kelly Macdonald, BRAVE features the voice talents of: Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, Robbie Coltrane, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson and John Ratzenberger.
Pixar’s BRAVE did fantastic at the box office this summer brining in over $220 million and received rave reviews. You can check out our review of Pixar’s BRAVE by clicking the link.
Special features for Pixar’s BRAVE include:
- The Legend of Mor’du Short
- Brave Old World Fans will watch as members of the “Brave”
production team investigate Scotland, exploring its land, culture, people
and dialects. The research they gathered was brought thrillingly to life in
the film. Also, fans will hear what actress Emma Thompson (voice of Queen
Elinor) thinks of Pixar¹s take on her homeland.
- Merida & Elinor With the creation of Merida and Elinor, the Pixar
filmmakers delved deep into the relationship between mother and daughter.
Highlighting contrasts in character design, clothing, animation, voicing,
even hairstyle, watch how the filmmakers explored this most important of
- Bears Take a look inside the art and design behind the bears in
“Brave.” Each of the bears, gentle Mum-Bear and terrifying Mor’du, demanded
a different approach to creating their physical appearance and personality.
- Brawl in the Hall A fascinating and hilarious inside look at the
process of creating “Brave’s” fighting Scots, through animation, crowd
simulation and fight choreography not to mention a room full of grunting
men whose vocal chortles added authenticity to the raucous scene.
- Wonder Moss Fans will explore how “Brave’s” technical artists
examined the real Scottish countryside and studied the laws of nature, then
turned these findings into computer codes that would blanket Merida’s
Scotland in lush moss, lichen and bracken.
- Magic The magic and mystery of Scotland is revealed to fans in this
charming feature about the legends from mystical potions to the
will-o’-the-wisps seen in “Brave.”
- Clan Pixar At Pixar, getting into character is a team effort. From
making Haggis to Kilt Fridays to celebrating the Scottish poet Robert Burns,
fans will see how the “Brave” production crew truly embraced Scottish themes
and customs fueled the Pixar crew throughout the creation of “Brave.”
- Once Upon A Scene A closer look at the evolution of the storylines
throughout the production of the film, including alternative openings to the
film and many deleted scenes.
- Extended Scenes Three separate scenes are highlighted in their
extended form. Director Mark Andrews discusses the decision making process
that led to the shortened versions of these scenes.
- Director Commentary
BLU-RAY DISC 2 INCLUDES:
- “Fergus & Mor’du” An Alternate Opening Once upon a time, “Brave”
had a different opening scene. Eventually cut from the film, fans can see it
in its entirety in this bonus feature narrated by the film¹s director Mark
- Fallen Warriors Montage A selection of deleted shots that were cut
from the film late in production are presented to fans in various stages of
completion through a video montage narrated by director Mark Andrews.
- Dirty Hairy People Fans will enjoy this uproarious bonus feature
discussing the development of “Brave’s” Scots including the design of
their hair, attire, and dirt-crusted physiques.
- It is EnglishŠSort Of This bonus feature helps fans interpret some
of the more Scottish lines in the film, thanks to the real Scottish actors
who play the key characters and contributed their own dialects and sayings.
- Angus A look at Merida¹s most trusted companion, Angus, a mighty
- The Tapestry Fans will learn the story behind this embroidered
emblem of family unity, which was lovingly crafted by “Brave’s” team of
- Promotional Pieces This bonus includes promotional clips for
“Brave,” including: “Feast Yer Eyes,” “Relics,” “Clan DunBroch,” “Launch,”
- Art Gallery A selection of breathtaking art from the creation of
the film, showcasing characters, sets, scenes and stunning landscapes.
- Wee Gaffes A video montage of simulation, animation and shot
- Renaissance Animation Man Get a look at Director Mark Andrews’ love
of Scotland, sword-fighting, music and more!
- Teasers and Sneak Peeks