Tangled with the voice talents of Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi coming to Blu-ray in 3D
Posted by: Kristy Sturdivant
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced that the animated feature TANGLED, with the voice talents of Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Ron Perlman and Donna Murphy, will be released on Blu-ray March 29, 2011. The film will be available in a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack as well as a BD/3D BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack which will be the first Disney animated title to debut day-and-date on Disney Blu-ray 3D.
I haven’t had a chance to see TANGLED yet, but I’ve heard nothing but positive reviews. I’m glad that Disney has had another animated success outside of Pixar because I’ve been a fan of their animated features forever and have been a little disappointed at the last few films. In true Disney fashion there is, of course, a TON of special features on this Blu-ray release, so I hope the parents out there loved it as much as the kids, because there is a strong possibility of TANGLED burn-out. Special features include:
- Untangled: The Making of a Fairy Tale (BD-exclusive): exactly how long is Rapunzel’s hair? How many lanterns were used? Where did Pascal’s name come from? Which Disney animated feature first utilized CG animation? These and more will be answered when Mandy Moore and Zach Levi take viewers on a kooky behind-the-scenes tour to learn how the filmmakers styled this film’s Golden Tresses.
- Three deleted scenes with introductions by co-directors Byron Howard and Nathan Greno (BD-exclusive)
- Extended songs with introductions by the co-directors (BD-exclusive):
- “When Will My Life Begin”
- “Mother Knows Best
- Two original storybook openings: two alternate versions of the film’s opening sequence described by the co-directors Nathan Greno and Byron Howard
- 50th Animated Feature Countdown – A video montage celebrating Tangled as the 50th film to join The Walt Disney Studios’ prestigious lineup of classic animated features.
- Nine Tangled teasers (BD-exclusive): a collection of the most unique and quirky commercials made for the theatrical release of Tangled Some are spoofs based off of infomercials and/or breaking news, some are teasers and others are simply just funny filmstrips.