Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's honeymoon and the Top Ten moments to look for in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
by Lincee Ray
I’d be willing to bet that there is a gaggle of best friends who have convinced their parents that camping out and forming a line to catch a glimpse of the Twilight Trinity on opening night of the new BREAKING DAWN movie opening this weekend is a completely normal idea. I imagine they’ve christened their adventure “Bestie Festie 2011!” and are giddy with the anticipation that grows with each passing day. One girl fluffs her “Real Men Glisten in the Sunlight” pillow case as she takes a sip from her Mrs. Cullen water bottle. Her friend, even though a bestie, rolls her eyes and adjust her “Imprint This” t-shirt before vowing her eternal allegiance to the wolf pack. For the hundredth time, they discuss and predict the most memorable parts of PART 1:
Warning: this top ten list contains spoilers for those that have not read the books.
10. THE WEDDING: From the BREAKING DAWN trailer, you can tell that Bella and Edward’s wedding is going to be gorgeous. The fact that the two main characters are dating in real life should make the event extra swoon worthy for those tweens in the audience.
9. JACOB SAYING GOODBYE: One of the sweeter moments in Breaking Dawn was when Jacob swallows his pride and attends Bella’s wedding reception so he can say goodbye to her before she becomes a blood sucker. He’s trying everything he can to soak up his Bella while she just stands there and breaks his heart. Oh I forgot to mention…TEAM JACOB.
8. ISLE ESME: Everyone from the tweens to the 30-somethings who claim they neither read the books nor watch the movies is looking forward to this segment of the film. Edward and Bella’s honeymoon should be a bit different from the book. Otherwise it would have rated R for sure.
7. BABY ON BOARD: One of the things I’m looking forward to is Bella’s discovery of her pregnancy. It should be interesting to see her new relationship with Rosalie and Edward’s agony over his wife’s protection of what is growing in her womb. Here’s hoping the actors have the chops to pull it off.
6. WOLF PACK: We didn’t get any of the wolf pack telepathy in NEW MOON or ECLIPSE. I wonder if the director will even go there. I would think he would have to since Jacob leaves his pack to become Alpha and later is in wolf form talking to Seth and Leah for a good portion of the book. I don’t know how it’s going to work without being cheesey if they do attempt it.
5. BLOOD THIRST: I hope they include the part where the fetus wants blood, so Bella has to drink it out of a styrofoam cup. That was one of the more surprising plot twists for me in the book and I’d love to see that in action.
4. BLONDIE: Another dynamic I’m eager to see played out on film is the one between Rosalie and Jacob. When the writers allow him to be sarcastic, it really brings a breath of fresh air to such a forlorn storyline.
3. WOMB TALK: It was totally weird but I loved how unexpected it was when Edward was able to hear/feel the baby before she was born. Sort of creepy, but a fun twist nonetheless.
2. BIRTH: From my understanding, BREAKING DAWN: PART 1 ends with the birth of Bella’s baby. Birthing scenes are never anything to write home about in my opinion, but I feel like this one could be really good if it’s acted and directed well. Jacob and Edward panicking together to save their love is definitely going to be a crowd favorite.
1. IMPRINTING: I would love for the last scene of the movie to be Jacob imprinting on Renesme. And then the screen goes to black. I have no idea if it’s part one or two, but that would be a clear way to end the show on an adrenaline rush. Tweens, babysitters, closet Twilighters and Flix66.com writers would totally be in line for the midnight showing of the next one if they ended that way. I’m just saying.