The ten worst movies of 2012
Although critics everywhere are hailing 2012 as a great year in movies, the year was not without it’s missteps. Not every movie can compete for Best Picture, but below are ten movies that didn’t even come close. For this list, we tried to stay away from the smaller, indie films, only because they get an “E” for effort in our eyes in most cases. But the below movies are our choices for the ten worst movies of 2012. You can click the titles to read our reviews of the film.
10. WRATH OF THE TITANS – Everything gets sequels these days, but Wrath might be the best reason not to make sequels to bad films. The CLASH OF THE TITANS remake was actually worse, but WRATH OF THE TITANS offered nothing new and was just a series of one mindless stunt after another.
9. DARK TIDE – We’ve never considered Halle Berry the type of actress that can carry her own film, but we did expect more than DARK TIDE. Her character is so unlikeable and the events are so cheesy that this is not something you would expect from an Oscar winner not named Cuba Gooding Jr.
8. BATTLESHIP – The first of two Taylor Kitsch movies to make the list, BATTLESHIP is a shining example of Hollywood excess and filmmakers having no idea what American audiences want. We can handle mindless action, but with a bland lead actor, zero intensity and even less character development, BATTLESHIP couldn’t even fall into the “so bad it’s good” category.
7. VAMPS – When will Krysten Ritter get the break she deserves? It’s not with VAMPS, the eye-rolling story of two vampire girls trying to find love in the big city shows just how far Amy Heckerling has dropped since CLUELESS. This is unbearable and the cute likeability of Ritter and Alicia Silverstone can’t save it.
6. THIS MEANS WAR – Despite Tom Hardy’s best efforts, THIS MEANS WAR was a cliche riddled, groan-inducing film featuring three of the hottest stars working today. Maybe McG doesn’t really understand storytelling or character development or maybe the script was just that bad. Either way, THIS MEANS WAR was tough to get through.
Go to Page 2 to see 5-1
Pages: 1 2