Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's reunion and ten more moments to look for in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
This is it. The final film in the twilight franchise, called THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 2, is about to hit theaters and there are several things we’re looking forward to seeing on the big screen. It’s the end of an era and this final film will hopefully be everything all the Twihards have been hoping for. Plus, this is probably the last time we’ll see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart on the big screen together, which is a little sad for those that have come to appreciate their onscreen chemistry. Check out my list of moments I’m looking forward to and feel free to add any of your own in the comments below. And although I’ve tried to avoid spoilers, I’ll go ahead and give a Spoiler Warning to those that haven’t read the books.
10. Not having to watch Edward be super protective of Bella: This was tolerable for the first and second film, but it’s starting to get a little old. Does anyone else think Edward (Robert Pattinson) is a little too overprotective? And how can one girl get into so much trouble all the time? Thank goodness vampire Bella (Kristen Stewart) can take care of herself finally.
9. The cute little house Bella and Edward live in: This is a personal moment in the film I’m looking forward to, because in the books the little house Esme refurbishes for Edward and Bella’s wedding just sounds charming. I hope it’s as cute on screen as it is in my head.
8. Watching the growth of Renesmee: We all know that Renesmee has a super growth spurt in TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN PART 2, but it’ll be interesting to see if they just show her as a baby, then toddler, then age 5 until we see her at her finished age, or will they just jump forward without showing her aging at all? The second would be the easy and practical choice, but I want to see more.
7. Meeting the other vampire clans: Aside from the Cullen’s, the Volturi and the three vampires we’ve met in the previous films, we don’t know any other vampires and new characters are fun.
6. Watching the other vampire’s powers: We know that in this world of vampires, special powers are not always common, but they are present. Some of the vampires in the various clans have some pretty cool powers that include changing the way others see their environment or moving the earth to fight. These scenes should be fun to watch.
5. Bella’s adjustment from human to vampire: After watching Bella be the weak human in four films, it’ll be nice to see her be able to actually take care of herself, this ties in a little with a previous point on the list, but watching her adjusting to being a vampire and then trying to be a human should be fun to watch.
4. The relationship between Jacob and Renesmee: In TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN PART1 we saw Jacob (Taylor Lautner) imprint on Renesmee, and usually imprinting means that the two people/creatures are mates for life. However, Jacob imprinting on a baby could be considered a little inappropriate so it has to be handled carefully. Maybe we’ll see Renesmee grow up at the end and Jacob can finally get the girl.
3. How they will showcase Bella’s special powers: For those who haven’t read the books or don’t know anyone who has, Bella has a pretty important power (that I won’t give away) that is vital to the final battle. However, it’s going to be fascinating to see how they translate this onto the screen.
2. Volturi battle: The big showdown with the Volturi and Cullen group should be fun, especially when you add in the wolves. Who doesn’t love to end a franchise with a big fight between good and evil?
1. The surprise ending: We’ve heard about the new ending for the film that doesn’t necessarily coincide with the end of the book, so that’s intriguing. For the record, I think this ending will be Renesmee grown up and her and Jacob living happily ever after in a little house next to Edward and Bella.