Top ten moments I'm looking forward to in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
by Lincee Ray
For some, July 15 marks the beginning of another fun-filled weekend. Sand, surf and sun! If you’re a Muggle, July 15 marks the end of an era. Horcruxes, hallows and Hogwarts. The final film of the globally dominated Harry Potter phenomenon comes to a close. The magical world created by J.K. Rowling will reach its final chapter, marking the end of an era.
Since the seventh book was split into two movies, the expectation for this particular film to deliver key plot developments has been building for months. We’ve come up with the top 10 most anticipated moments for HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2.
****WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD****
10. Room of Requirement: The search for horcruxes finally leads our favorite trio back to Hogwarts in order to find the lost diadem of Ravenclaw. Harry learns that Voldemort has placed part of his soul in a crown and has hidden it in the Room of Requirement. Ron and Hermione join him rummaging through mountains of discarded treasures left for centuries by sneaky Hogwarts students and teachers. When they locate the evil item, they are discovered by Malfoy and Crabbe, who immediately casts a dark magic spell to end Harry’s life. Fiendfyre is cursed fire that, as luck would have it, destroys horcruxes. Our heroes make it out alive on broomsticks, saving Malfoy in the process.
9. Breaking into Gringotts Bank: The bank scene should be cinematically enchanting with the goblins alone. There’s also a blind dragon guarding the door of the Lestrange vault which is filled with booby traps surrounding yet another horcrux Harry is determined to steal. But I have to say I’m more excited about seeing Hermione transform into Bellatrix Lestrange after taking Polyjuice Potion. I’m sure Helena Bonham Carter playing Hermione as Bellatrix Lestrange is going to be highly entertaining.
8. The Death of Fred: Pull out the tissues. This is going to be extremely emotion with George by his side. Hopefully, the moment will be as poignant as Dobby’s death.
7. Hogwarts Fighting Back: Hogwarts rallies at the end of Deathly Hallows and I’m excited to see Neville finally get to shine as a leader and proud Gryffindor. Professor McGonagall commanding the troops, the Order of Phoenix standing proud and members of Dumbledore’s Army fighting side-by-side to save Harry and end You Know Who is going to be epic.
6. Molly Weasley: Will the movie accurately portray the chilling words Molly Weasley shouts to Bellatrix Lestrange as she duals her daughter? Surely they will stay true to the power of that moment.
5. The Death of Snape: Alan Rickman is the perfect Severus Snape. His transition from unforgiving professor, to stealthy death eater to Voldemort’s pawn in an evil game of chess is remarkable acting. Here’s hoping his death is just as memorable.
4. The Forbidden Forest: When Harry finally realizes that his death is inevitable and he makes that long, slow trek into the Forbidden Forest to face Voldemort, he seeks the companionship of his deceased parents and beloved godfather Sirius who walk alongside him until the end. A tender moment among destruction. Perfect.
3. Hermione and Ron Kiss: Please, PLEASE let be as good as we all imagined it in the book!
2. The Final Battle With Harry and Voldemort: Of course the demise of Voldemort will have everyone on the edge of their seats. It all comes to this…the battle between good and evil will finally conclude with audiences around the globe cheering for Harry to reign victorious.
1. Epilogue: I absolutely loved this extra nugget that J.K. Rowling left for us at the end of our journey. Seeing all of our beloved actors aged almost 20 years will be interesting, but I’m eager to see Harry’s interaction with his kids. Could there be a next generation Potter series in our near future? One can only hope.