Toy Story 3 coming to Blu-ray November 2nd
Posted by: Kristy Sturdivant
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has finally announced that the latest Pixar film TOY STORY 3, with the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Michael Keaton, will be released in a two disc BD edition as well as in a 2-BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack on November 2, 2010. And if that wasn’t enough excitement, Disney will also be releasing all three TOY STORY movies in a Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection on that same day, which will be a 10-disc set that includes all three movies on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital copy. No announcement has been made for the 3D version of TOY STORY 3, but I’m sure this Ultimate Toy Box Collection will hold you over in the meantime. Special features will include:
- Day & Night: The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and director Teddy Newton.
- Making of Day & Night: The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short (BD-exclusive)
- Cine-Explore: commentary by director Lee Unkrich and producer Darla K. Anderson (BD-exclusive)
- Beyond the Toybox: an alternative commentary track featuring leads from story, tech, art and animation – commentary by story supervisor Jason Katz, supervising technical director Guido Quaroni, production designer Bob Pauley and supervising animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini (BD-exclusive)
- Beginnings: Setting a Story in Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles (BD-exclusive)
- Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable: A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life (BD-exclusive)
- Roundin’ Up a Western Opening: The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene (BD-exclusive)
- Life of a Shot: Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.” (BD-exclusive)
- Goodbye Andy: an exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.” (BD-exclusive)
- Accidental Toymakers: by creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago. (BD-exclusive)
- Toys!: A closer look at all of Toy Story 3’s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
- Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs – The Science of Adventure: Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
- Paths to Pixar – Editorial: Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
- The Gang’s All Here: A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
- A Toy’s Eye View – Creating a Whole New Land: A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
- “Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
- “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
- “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
- Toy Story Trivia Dash – This game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies (BD-exclusive)