X-Men: First Class starring James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender coming to Blu-ray
Posted by: Kristy Sturdivant
Twentieth Century Fox has announced that the recent summer film X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, directed by Matthew Vaughn and starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Rose Bryne, Nicholas Hoult and Oliver Platt, will be released on Blu-ray September 9, 2011 (which is a Friday). When the Blu-ray is released you will have a chance to choose either good or evil as two covers will be available. You can either commit to McAvoy who portrays Professor Xavier, or Fassbender who plays Magneto.
Fox is heavily promoting the film during this week’s Comic-Con (July 21-24), so if you are one of the first 1,000 fans to pre-order the Blu-ray at FoxConnect.com (or at Comic-Con if you’re there), you will receive a t-shirt featuring Xavier and Magneto. By pre-ordering you will also receive a reduced price of $25 for the Blu-ray and $18 for the DVD.
Fox will also be including 10 X-Men digital comics that tell the new backstory from the film. These will be redeemable with unique codes in the packaging upon purchase. Other special features that will be included are:
- Children of the Atom: An eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette charting the film from pre-production through post-production, including visual effects techniques and cataloguing “X-Men” transformations through prosthetic make up and costume design.
- Cerebro Mutant Tracker: An interactive Mutant Database with interactive videos giving fans the ability to learn about their favorite mutants in the X-Men film franchise.
- “X” Marks the Spot: An interactive feature allowing viewers the opportunity to learn more about specific scenes with talent interviews and behind-the-scenes footage.
- Extended and Deleted Scenes
- BD-Live Portal with additional Cerebro Mutant Tracker profiles
- Composer’s Isolated Score
- Theatrical Trailer